Monday, June 17, 2013

long break - ended

To say it's been a while would be a colossal understatement.  A 19 month hiatus is hardly a quick little break.  But, alas, I am back on the blogging scene.  After dipping my toes in the twitter waters, swimming in the sea of facebook status updates and pinning every cute and crafty thing on Pinterest, I have returned to my first online social network love...the blog.  Feel free to follow me on Twitter &/or Facebook &/or Pinterest.  But be warned...addiction comes quickly & oh, so easily.

So, 19 months.  A lot has happened in 19 months.  I now have a 13 year old, a 10 year old and an 8 year old.  Here they are on spring vacation this year in Costa Rica.  Ridiculously adorable, I know.

I'm still married to the most amazing guy I know! He loves us all well, loves Jesus more & keeps us well fed.  Here we are in the autumn of 2012.  We just celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary last month, in Knoxville, TN with our 10 year old, in a dorm room with community bathrooms.  (It's a long story for another day.)  

We added a puppy to our home in December 2011.  Orvis the Schnoodle became a part of the family instantly & is probably the best dog ever.  Here he is.  Also ridiculously adorable!

And then there's what we lovingly refer to as "the property".  In October of 2011 (just before my blogging hiatus) we purchased a piece of ground.  It's a total of 10 acres just east of our tiny town.  Since its purchase it has been our playground.  We shoot and hunt and drive go carts there.  We have wandered every inch and inspected every tree and every dropping (what is it exactly about kids and poop?!)  But at last we're ready to settle. And now I'm nearly buried alive in floor plans, site surveys & septic requirements.  We've picked a builder and we're closing in on a floor plan and house placement.  My Houzz & Pinterest boards are getting full!  About 9 months from now we should be all set to move in (pending any drama on the construction side or in the sale of our existing house)   It's quite an adventure for this family that's moved 8 times in just 16 years!  And it's wonderfully exciting and nauseatingly scary all at the same time.  But somehow this will one day be home - Weed Acres!



So this is what's new.  It's funny, life just kept ticking along.  Moment after moment after moment.   Some moments interesting.  Some difficult.  Most just mundane.  Kids grow and wrinkles appear and days and weeks and months tick by.  Life happens.  


1 comment:

Raquel said...

You are back;)You popped up on my bloglines feed with TWO entries! I so excited to see:) This is how I first connected with you! Love the look of your property and from your pinterest board I'm excited to see the final product! Oh and it's probably been 19 months since we've had coffee so this Fall when all the kiddos are in school we HAVE to get together again;)
Raquel

AddThis